2016 THA Annual Meeting is currently underway. If you have questions regarding registration, please call the Registration Desk at 615-761-3706. For all other questions related to Annual Meeting, please call the THA Headquarters Room at 615-761-3791.
Registration is now available for THA’s 2016 Annual Meeting, which will be held Oct. 19 through Oct. 21 at the Omni Nashville Hotel. With a new location in downtown Nashville, this year’s meeting promises to showcase the latest in quality and patient safety, new strategies and leadership innovations. It also gives participants an opportunity to enjoy all that Music City has to offer.
This year’s meeting, Instruments of Change, will feature several national speakers. The annual Leadership Summit, which highlights quality and patient safety work from across the state, will kick off the Annual Meeting on Oct. 19 and features Tim Porter-O’Grady, EdD, an international healthcare consultant, who will offer creative strategies for interdisciplinary leadership to approach the chaos and complexity of healthcare transformation. A program brochure for the 2016 Leadership Summit is also available.
The opening day will conclude with an evening welcome reception for all registrants.
With only a few weeks until the presidential election, Kevin Madden, a former press secretary to former House Majority Leader Tom DeLay and a senior advisor and spokesman for two of Governor Mitt Romney’s presidential campaigns, and Stephanie Cutter, a top political strategist who served as deputy communications director to President Bill Clinton, chief of staff for First Lady Michelle Obama and later as a senior advisor to President Barack Obama, will provide an election preview on the race for the White House at the opening general assembly on Oct. 20.
Other focus areas of meeting speakers will include:
- Unleashing Your Mission and Evolving Your System Through Strategy Deployment
- Fixing Health Care Through Leadership and Innovation
- Disruptive Forces Driving Change in Health Care
- Risky Hospital Business 2: Remake of the 1990s Managed Care Classic
- One More Time, One More Thing
This year’s meeting also will offer educational breakout sessions in the morning and afternoon on Oct. 20. Topics for these sessions include:
- Patient Blood Management: An Opportunity for Collaboration Between Hospitals and Blood Centers
- Importance of Business Continuity & Disaster Recovery
- The 7 Reasons You Must Have a Robust Physician Advisory Program in 2016 and Beyond
- Today’s Push Toward Population Health and the Impact of Aging Infrastructure with New Facility Options
A THA buffet lunch for all registrants will be available on Oct. 20, although pre-registration is required. The cost is $15 per person.
Affiliate and allied organizations meeting in conjunction with THA’s Annual Meeting are:
- Hospital-Owned Physicians Practice Executives of Tennessee
- Tennessee Association for Healthcare Quality
- Tennessee Association for Healthcare Resource & Materials Management
- Tennessee Health Care Administrative Professionals
- Tennessee Healthcare Engineering Association
- Tennessee Organization of Nurse Executives
- Tennessee Society for Healthcare Marketing & Public Relations
- Tennessee Society for Organizational Improvement
Full details about the 2016 Annual Meeting are available in the meeting brochure.
Individuals now can make hotel reservations online.
An additional THA room block only for Tuesday, Oct. 18, is available at the DoubleTree by Hilton, 315 Fourth Avenue North, Nashville, 615-244-8200, DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville Downtown. It is located approximately 1.5 miles/nine minutes from the Omni.
Reservations can be made by calling 1-800-222-8733 and asking for the Tennessee Hospital Association room block. This room block expires on Friday, Sept. 23. The room rate is $279 plus tax and hotel valet parking is $35 per night.
THA members who stay at the DoubleTree and drive to the Omni to attend the THA Annual Meeting will be provided with complimentary parking only on Wednesday at the Omni. Individuals will need to obtain the parking pass at the THA registration desk. They also will need to provide proof of their overnight stay at the DoubleTree to receive a complimentary parking pass at the Omni.
For additional program and registration information, contact the THA Education Department at 615-256-8240.