The Tennessee Hospital Association is honored to acknowledge 14 of its member hospitals for achieving the 2020 BEST for Babies Award, a distinction awarded by the Tennessee Department of Health. The BEST designation reflects meeting requirements for breastfeeding, early elective delivery reduction, and safe sleep for Tennessee babies.
- Ascension Saint Thomas Midtown
- Erlanger East Hospital
- Franklin Woods Community Hospital
- Greeneville Community Hospital
- Jackson-Madison County General Hospital
- Livingston Regional Hospital
- Maury Regional Medical Center
- Methodist Hospital-Germantown
- NorthCrest Medical Center Springfield
- TriStar Centennial Medical Center
- TriStar Hendersonville Medical Center
- West Tennessee Healthcare Volunteer Hospital
- Williamson Medical Center
“These birthing hospitals have dedicated incredible resources and worked diligently in their communities to improve health outcomes and care for moms and babies,” said Wendy Long, M.D., Tennessee Hospital Association’s president and CEO. “Hospitals reach a high bar when they successfully meet the standards for being designated a BEST for Babies facility, and I congratulate them in receiving this distinction.”
Hospitals must meet the following criteria to receive the BEST Award:
- Breastfeeding – Earn baby-friendly designation, have an increase of five percent in breastfeeding initiation rate from 2018 to 2019 or have a breastfeeding initiation rate of 82 percent or higher.
- Early Elective Delivery – Have an early elective delivery rate of five percent or less for 2019.
- Safe Sleep – Have Cribs for Kids National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification at a minimum of bronze level or a safe sleep policy meeting current American Academy of Pediatrics guidelines. In addition, hospitals must submit documentation of crib audits averaging a minimum of 90 percent safe cribs.
Each hospital will receive a letter of recognition from the Tennessee Department of Health along with a certificate. First-time awardees will receive a banner, and repeat awardees will receive a sticker with the year for the award to be added to their banner.
Download the press release.