Jason Little, president and CEO at Baptist Memorial Health Care Corporation in Memphis, was installed as chair of the THA Board of Directors during the Association’s Annual Meeting last week. He is only the fifth president in Baptist’s long history, and under his leadership, Baptist has grown from a 14-hospital system to a 22-hospital, $3.1 billion integrated healthcare system with 18,000 team members and more than 5,000 affiliated physicians.
THA also announced Janelle Reilly as board chair-elect. Reilly is market chief executive officer at CHI Memorial in Chattanooga. She joined the healthcare system in 2016 as president and chief operating officer before being promoted to her current role in 2019.
Paul Korth, CEO at Cookeville Regional Medical Center, has moved to the role of immediate past chair after a busy and successful year serving as the 2020-2021 THA board chair.
President and CEO
Health Care Corporation
Newly elected or re-elected board members serving in ex officio positions are as follows:
- James VanderSteeg, president and CEO of Covenant Health in Knoxville, will serve as the THA Council on Government Affairs representative.
- Randy Davis, president and CEO at TriStar NorthCrest Medical Center in Springfield, will serve as the board’s THA Center for Innovative Solutions representative.
- Skipper Bondurant, CEO at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Union City, joined the board as the Small and Rural Hospital Constituency Section representative.
- Scott Tongate, chief financial officer at Macon Community Hospital in Lafayette, is the Tennessee Center for Health Workforce Development representative.
- Albert Mosely, senior vice president and chief mission integration officer at Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare in Memphis, is the THA Council on Inclusion and Health Equity representative.
- Matt Kodsi, M.D., vice president of medical affairs at CHI Memorial in Chattanooga, will serve as the THA CMO Society representative.
- Reginald Coopwood, M.D., president and CEO at Regional One Health in Memphis, is the American Hospital Association delegate.
New or re-elected at-large board representatives are:
- David Nicely, regional president and market CEO at Community Health Systems in Franklin;
- Jeffrey Woods, operations group president at Acadia Healthcare in Franklin;
- Lisa Casteel, CEO at Henry County Medical Center in Paris;
- Matthew Schaefer, CEO at East Tennessee Children’s Hospital in Knoxville;
- Michael Ugwueke, president and CEO at Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare in Memphis;
- Robert Wampler, president for the Mountain Division at LifePoint Health in Brentwood;
- Scott Peterson, CEO at Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital in Franklin;
- Tim Adams, CEO at Saint Thomas Health in Nashville;
- Phil Mazzuca, CEO of Williamson Medical Center in Franklin;
- William Jackson, M.D., president and CEO at Erlanger Health System in Chattanooga; and
- James Ross, president and CEO at West Tennessee Healthcare in Jackson.
View the complete list of THA board members.