- This event has passed.
Containment of Candida auris Tabletop Exercise – Brentwood
January 10 @ 9:00 am - 2:30 pm
Tennessee Hospital Association and Tennessee Department of Health are hosting a tabletop exercise on containment of Candida auris at 8 locations throughout Tennessee in 2019.
- Review background on Candida auris as a multi-drug resistant organism (MDRO) with transmission and outbreak potential in healthcare settings.
- Describe the current guidance for a public health response to contain Candida auris.
- Review resources for response such as the Shiny App and the XDRO Registry.
- Identify opportunities for early identification of Candida auris.
- Review personal protective equipment (PPE) concepts, PPE selection and consideration, hand hygiene, and environmental cleaning.
Participants will learn how to:
- Define plans for Candida auris containment across the continuum of care
- Access resources for response
- Engage stakeholders and promote collaboration between lab scientists, epidemiologists, healthcare facility staff and other key players
- Understand how Candida auris frequently is misidentified in clinical laboratories
Your facility is notified of a patient with a Candida auris bloodstream infection. Identification of Candida auris is a public health emergency that requires prompt and thorough investigation in collaboration with the Tennessee Department of Health.
Infection preventionists, nursing, administrators, quality personnel, laboratorians, environmental services supervisors, regional hospital/health coordinators and regional EMS supervisors
Marion Kainer, MD, MPH, FRACP, FSHEA
Pamela Talley, MD, MPH
Kathy Buechel, BSN, RN, CIC
Carolyn Stover, MPH
4.0 hours for nursing. Applications have been made for 4.0 hours to NAB/NCERS and CPHQ
Dates and Locations:
Jan. 9 – Maury Regional Medical Center, Columbia
Jan. 10 – Tennessee Hospital Association, Brentwood
Jan. 23 – DoubleTree Hotel, Jackson
Jan. 24 – Holiday Inn University of Memphis
Feb. 6 – Bristol Regional Medical Center
Feb. 7 – Jubilee Conference Center, Knoxville
Feb. 21 – Holiday Inn at Hamilton Place, Chattanooga
Feb. 22 – Cookeville Higher Education Campus