- This event has passed.
Joint Commision Hot Topics 2020 – Webinar
October 29, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
This webinar will cover a number of Joint Commission hot topics in 2020. It will cover the new changes in the July and September 2020 Joint Commission standards. It will discuss the Joint Commission requirements for advance directives, contract management, grievances, informed consent and more.
- Recall that the Joint Commission has two section in the manual that address the issue of informed consent
- Discuss that the Joint Commission requires hospitals to have an informed consent policy
- Describe that Joint Commission has contract management standards and that the hospital should evaluate every contract to ensure the performance indicators are met
- Remember that Joint Commission requires hospitals to provide patients with written information on admission on advance directives
- Recall that TJC states that patients and families have a right to have a complaint reviewed and it must be done timely
- Discuss that TJC has changes to the hospital standards in July and September of 2020
Who Should Attend:
CEO, Compliance Officer, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Chief Nursing Officer (CNO), Chief Operating Officer (COO), Joint Commission Coordinator, Nurse Educator, Nurses, Nurse Directors, Nurse Supervisors, Nurse Managers, Hospital Legal Counsel, Risk Manager, Board Members, Physicians, Medical Staff Coordinator, Patient Safety Officer, Senior Leadership, Chief Risk Officer, QAPI director, Discharge Planners, HIM director, Director of Anesthesia, OR nurse director, Patient Advocates, Ethics Committee, Director of Registration, Consumer Advocates, Patient Advocates, HIPAA Privacy Officer, Quality Improvement Staff and others responsible for compliance with meeting Joint Commission standards and persons responsible for rewriting policy and procedure
$200 per facility/hospital
**Note, for the short term you can share the access link to those interested within your facility/hospital for individual access to avoid small group viewing.