Palliative Care Conference
September 27 @ 8:00 am - 3:45 pm
Join us to learn and discover how palliative care can support you, your patients and community. While palliative care continues to be an essential practice of hospice, it also can be a clinical specialty that supports the care continuum prior to qualifying for the hospice benefit to manage patients facing serious illness and injury. View the flyer.
Diane Meier, M.D., director at the Center to Advance Palliative Care will present on Palliative Care Futurist: Matching Care to Our Patient’s Needs. She will describe effective palliative care models in home, telemedicine and outpatient settings in addition to the quality and cost outcomes of palliative care models.
Participants will learn:
- What palliative care (PC) is and how it can support the care continuum;
- Current PC legislation and national movements in PC;
- Opioid prescribing and barriers to PC;
- Define frailty, and how PC can support the aging patient population;
- What PC providers are doing across Tennessee;
- Discover what PC resources and services are available;
- Importance of and ways to approach advanced care planning.
Continuing Education Credits:
6.0 hours available. Check registration brochure for list of disciplines under the “Continuing Education Credits” tab.
For more information, please contact Adrienne Nordman at THA, 615-401-7469.