On April 6th, Governor Bill Lee announced the Small and Rural Hospital Readiness Grant program, which will provide an opportunity for immediate financial relief to Tennessee’s small and rural hospitals. The state is allocating $10 million in grants to support hospitals that are facing unusual and immediate financial pressures due to the ongoing response to COVID-19. Individual hospitals will be eligible for up to $500,000 in grant funding.
This funding is a result of appropriations made in the FY2021 budget passed by the General Assembly and discussions THA has had with state officials about the urgent needs of small and rural hospitals across Tennessee. These facilities are considered more vulnerable due to the added financial pressures resulting from the pandemic, which is in addition to existing challenges already faced by rural communities.
Information about the program and grant application is now available online. THA is working closely with the Lee administration on this effort and will soon provide additional information to support hospitals in this process, including a webinar for interested hospitals, in the coming days.
If you have questions, contact Bill Jolley at THA, 615-426-7647.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Small and Rural Hospital Readiness Grant Webinar slide deck
- Small and Rural Hospital Readiness Grant Application website
- Funding Opportunities for Hospitals
- Automatic Fiscal Federal Relief
- Financial Tracking Tools
- CARES Act Federal Reserve Emergency Lending Program. AHA Special Bulletin (3/30/20)
- CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program and Payroll Tax Delay. AHA Special Bulletin (3/30/20)
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act – Increased FMAP FAQs (3/24/20)
- Use of Defense Production Act Authorities to Support the Pandemic Response (3/20/20) FEMA
- Procurement Under Grants: Under Exigent or Emergency Circumstances (3/20/20) FEMA
- Eligible Emergency Protective Measures (3/19/20) FEMA
- New ICD-10 Code by April 1 (3/19/20) CDC
- Medicare Coverage & Payment of Telehealth Services (3/17/20) CMS
- Guidance for Medicare Advantage plans & Part D Sponsors (3/10/20) CMS
- Medicare Coverage and Payment Related to COVID-19 (3/5/20) CMS
- ICD-10 Interim Coding Guidance for COVID-19 (2/20/20) CDC