Please join us for a half-day governance workshop focused on:
- Managing conflict and building trust: How to do it and why it matters
- The difference between strategic planning, setting strategy, and having a strategic focus
- What highly-effective boards do differently
Hospital and health system board members across the state have asked the Tennessee Hospital Association to connect them with tools, resources, and training to enhance their effectiveness as great board members. In response, we’ve scheduled a half-day governance excellence workshop for March 5, 2019 at the THA Virginia Way Conference Center.
Please join nationally-recognized speaker and facilitator, Karma Bass, for this interactive, thought-provoking, and energizing day of learning, specifically geared toward hospital or health system board members.
Drawing on her 20+ years of working with hospital and system boards across the country, Karma Bass will share insights gleaned from top-performing boards she’s had the privilege of working with. She will also share cautionary tales from well-intentioned boards gone off-track because they lost sight of a few key governance success principles.
Special Feature: Case Study Discussions
In an increasingly uncertain healthcare environment, the ability to make difficult decisions is a hallmark of good leadership. Boards are often asked to act quickly and make decisions based on incomplete and, at times, conflicting information. While there are no easy answers, being able to share perspectives, analyze complex problems and work collaboratively are necessary skills to navigating the real and truly challenging issues facing hospitals today. This year’s half-day governance workshop will include a highly-interactive small group discussion session on case studies where we explore how to apply essential governance principles to real world issues.
Participants can expect to:
- Practice bridging the gap between theory and practice by reviewing and discussing case studies with colleagues and fellow trustees;
- Gain experience identifying key issues, articulating points-of-view, and evaluating courses of action; and
- Learn what successful boards around the country are doing about issues such as physician-hospital relations, CEO oversight
and evaluation, strategic direction setting, and dealing with the public.
The summit is complimentary. Register today!
This session will include 5 credits toward THA’s Board Certification Program or ACHE Qualified.